There is a certain vulnerability associated with growth and change--and I appreciate your courage and the steps and you are taking to
move forward-- I know life's circumstances are sometimes painful and throw us off center.
You dont have to go through it alone--therapy can be a valuable process that allows you to deepen into yourself, create space to
grow, heal, make changes needed to lead a more satisfying life, feel more grounded, and bring you back to feeling like your authentic self again.
I serve primarily adults for individual therapy.
One common question is: "How can therapy really help me?"
Some common outcomes of therapy can include:
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Improved relationships with partners, parents, families, and your community
- Ability to find your authentic voice and ability to set clear and kind
- Reduced stress and distress tolerance
- Understanding anger, frustration and irritiblity
- Support during life transitions
- Parenting and co-parenting solutions
- Development of practical life skills to take therapy "out of the office"
- Quieting "mind chatter" and taming a harsh 'inner critic'
- Expanded self esteem and deepening sense of SELF
- Transforming and letting go of resentments, guilt, shame and emotional pain
- Understanding the role (and acceptance) of uncomfortable emotions like: anger, guilt, shame, self-criticism,
resentment and judgement
- Reconnecting with joy and the sense of feeling "alive"
- An overall sense of well-being, groundedness, connection, creativity, compassion, calm, confidence, courage, clarity,
- Having a sense of "okay-ness" with life with the ability to YES to all the ups and downs knowing you're
Other areas of focus include:
- Undergraduate and Graduate university students
- Supervision towards MFT licensure
- Authentic living
- Boundary setting
- Recovery from trauma
- Relief from anger, shame, and guilt
- Tuning in to the mind/body connection through mindfulness
- Healing from loss
- Peaceful divorce
- Women's issues
- Life transitions
- Decision making
- Family relationship issues
- Workplace difficulties
- Parent coaching
- Communication skills, assertiveness training, and/or boundary setting
- LGBTQ issues and relationships
- Deafness, Deaf Culture (including CODA's), Deaf, hard-of-hearing, and late-deafened identity issues
Psychotherapy and counseling services are provided in English, American Sign Lanuage, and other signed communication systems such
as Signing Exact English.